Enhance your knowledge and skills.
Earn certificates for individual modules or a complete program stream. The choice is yours.
The Community Futures Leadership Institute offers professional development opportunities for Community Futures Board members. By taking advantage of these opportunities, you help ensure that Community Futures has the tools to live up to its promise of excellence.
The Board Professional Development series includes 13 modules on a range of topics. These modules are delivered face-to-face, through video conferencing, or by streaming online video. You can choose the modules that are most relevant to you and the delivery model that works best for you.
Every time you complete one of the modules, you will receive a certificate for that module. Plus, you can do more than that if you choose.
To further enhance professional development for Community Futures Board members, we also offer program certificates in the following streams:
- Corporate Leadership
- Financial and Lending Leadership
In addition to being able to obtain a certificate for each module, as a Community Futures Board member you can now earn a program certificate in any of these streams. You can select the stream that best aligns with your interests and needs. Take as many streams as you think will be helpful. If you want, you can take all three.
All you have to do to obtain a program certificate is complete all of the modules in that stream. Refer to the table on the next page for a list of the modules required in each stream.
- Community Economic Development and the Role of Planning
- Operations - Board and Staff
- Legal Responsibilities of Boards
- Financial Management of a Community Futures
- Board Development and Evaluation
- Community Futures Lending
- Management Recruitment, Performance and Evaluation
- Board Leadership
- Cultural Awareness
- Social Economy
- Organizational Assessment
- So You Want to be a Community Futures Chair - Chairing with Confidence
- Strategic Loan Fund Management
|Leadership||1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 or 10, 12|
|Corporate Leadership||2, 3, 7, 11|
|Financial & Lending Leadership||4, 6, 13|